Home of the Phoenix
Harrison Center is an adult learning center that provides classes in both high school completion and GED®. We also offer day and evening classes. Please call during regular office hours for more information.
The Port Huron Area School District will provide a personalized, world-class education for each student today to shape tomorrow's community and global leaders.
We will advocate for our students and families in partnership with our community to assure their success inside and outside of school; continuously innovate our practices and programs to improve student achievement; and educate in ways that are relevant, relationship driven, and rigorous.
district Goals 2014-2015
1. Increase student achievement through the implementation of an aligned K-12 curriculum and high quality focused instruction on a daily basis.
2. Personalize learning for each student through the use of 21st century technologies and differentiated instruction.
3. Create an organizational culture of excellence with clear expectations, a focus on exemplary customer service, and an urgency to meet the needs of each student and family every day.
4. Priortize financial resources with an unwavering focus on student learning and achievement.
as little as 16.25 Credits ARE Required for High School Diploma
Harrison students only need the State of Michigan mandated credits to graduate. These include:
- 4 Math credits -- Algebra, Geometry, Algebra 2
- 3 Social Studies credits -- World History, Civics, Economics, US History
- 3 Science credits -- Physical Science, Biology, Chemistry
- 4 English credits -- English 9, 10, 11, 12
- 1 credit -- Visual/Performing Arts
- 1 credit -- Health/Gym
- .25 Career Education
- 2 credits -- World Language (beginning with Class of 2016)
Clink on the camera icon to view a video created by Tre, a Harrison student.
"I'm so glad I decided to come....and didn't drop out."
~Samantha, 2010 graduate
A loved tradition at Harrison--The Graduation Wall!!